Translate

Monday, February 9, 2015

Water Bomb your Body for Weight Loss Results




When I thought I was stuck unhappily at 183 lbs. I did what I usually do  . . . researched. It is just the way my brain works. I am not a trial and error type of person (like my dear hubby). I am a read, watch and observe, kind of person. I remembered that water was super important when a person had a muscle related injury. I also remembered that water is a key component to weight loss.
My favorite words
for water motivation
Hydrate or Die!

The water bomb
I saw on-line at
fitness.melissaspiegel.com
Most people or health books/websites say 8 glasses (64 oz.) per day is recommended.  A person is actually supposed to consume 1/2 of their body weight.  The 64 oz. recommendation is based on a person who weighs 128 lbs. So, I should have been drinking at least 92 ounces a day. And a person should add to that if they live in a dry climate, are athletic or if they just happen to be a sweaty person. Weight lifters drink a whole gallon ( 128 oz.) everyday. WOW! I may on some days have drank close to the 64 oz. but I was pretty short a bunch of ounces. 

If you have kids
be sure to keep them
out of "Mom's water"
If you have to make a
mini one for them then do so.
If they keep stealing from it
you won't actually
know how much you are drinking.
My Water Bomb
Your body can actually hold approx. 3 - 5 lbs in water weight alone (you may have eaten salty foods or you may not be drinking enough. Clearly, my body needed and wanted more water.  Like my usual self I needed a plan of action. *WATER ACTION* I found a cool site where a person decorated a gallon water jug as a "Water Bomb". It was filled with timelines and motivational words to encourage one to drink. I came up with my own version. It is a glass "Water Bomb" because of my aversion to plastic. It also has a spigot to make for easy pouring all day long. I can easily fill my water bottle from this jug before heading to the gym. This is a great way to make sure you get in all your water without constantly having to count your ounces. It is right there for you. I also throughout the day add a slice of lemon and drink from a teacup - just to mix things up.
Add a lemon slice
for added flavor.
If you are not used to drinking this much water, you may have to ease your body into it. First, try to drink 1/2 of it for a few days, then work your way up. Pretty soon you body will be used to drinking that much water and it will  thank you. 
So, how did all my water drinking go . . . and what were the results.
My most recent weigh-in . . . . 177 lbs.  . . . I am now down 19 lbs on my quest!!!!!!

Things that have helped me:


The Science of Skinny book by Dee McCaffrey

Prevention Shortcuts to Big Weight Loss Workout DVD

PLEASE BE SURE TO TAKE MY POLL . . . I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. THE POLL IS LOCATED ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THIS BLOG SITE.








2 comments:

  1. LOVE your water bomb idea. I think I'll get me one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leticia. You may or may not know this about me . . . but I'm a thrift shop junkie. I found my glass gallon jug at Good Will. But I have bought the one I use for kombucha at Tractor Supply. I see these jugs everywhere . . .from T.J.Maxx to Walmart. Happy Bombing!

    ReplyDelete