Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

Eating This and Still Losing!

Strawberry-Banana with Cacoa Nibs

Me at 183 lbs. - 13 lbs lighter and still going!
Okay, so we all have that thing that is so hard for us to give up when we are trying really hard to lose weight. For me, that thing is ice cream. I love it! I have been known to eat a Friendly's Sundae only to have severe stomach pains because my body does not tolerate cow milk very well. I know, why would I do this to myself? One word . . . . weakness. 

I live on a goat farm so I have full access to wonderful goat milk. And I do make goat milk ice cream - which doesn't bother my stomach. But making goat milk ice cream is time consuming and still loaded with sugar. This treat is great for special occasions, but for a weekly or daily occurrence this is not acceptable. I was surely disappointed but willing to accept this fact until I came across a great little gadget that changed things for me. 

Yonanas Machine
Mango
It is called a Yonanas. My thrift-store shopping surely paid off on this one. I found it at Salvation Army on Family Day (50% off day) and scored this baby for $2.00. I had remembered reading about it in Prevention magazine. I read about the woman with a lactose allergy and her husband who invented it for her. I figured for $2.00 it was worth a try. Clearly the previous owner misjudged this wonderful machine. And clearly the employees at Salvation Army had no idea its true value. It is priced at $50.00 at most stores. I have to be honest now that I have tried it I would definitely pay full price for it. 

It works by putting frozen fruits into the top part and out comes the smoothest frozen treat I have seen. I love my blender  . . . but it can not do this. It is just frozen fruit . . . no sugar or fat . . . just fruit. I love it, my kids love it. And I get to enjoy an ice cream like treat without the guilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment